What are the habits?
- Switched on Lights: I’m sure that your dad or mom has told you over a million times to switch off your lights. They are pretty much right. Not only does switched on lights increase your electricity bill, but it also increases emissions harmful for the environment.
- Kettle boiling: More often than not, we end up boiling more water than we actually require thus leading to more use of electricity and cause damage to the environment adversely. You can always use a much more energy efficient boiler and save on energy.
- Farmed Meat: This is for those folks who aren’t exactly vegan in nature. The farmed meat industry is regarded as one of the most environment damaging industries around. These industries processing the meat span across several acres of vegetative land which is eventually destroyed to erect the factories.
- Commuting: It is very much obvious, the more you commute, the more vehicles you require and thus the more pollution it causes. Fuel economy is on the rise and somewhere down the road; we will run out of fossil fuels. To add to that misery we probably would have destroyed our environment too. We need to find alternative eco-friendly commute systems to save our environment.
- Wasting Paper: Paper is made out of tree. The more paper we use, the more tress are chopped off. Cutting down trees is a huge mistake as it increases the carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere. Many companies have started to adopt paperless transactions. Going paperless will help protect trees. The more the number of trees the more benefits we get for our environment.
- Plastic bags: Plastic bags are non-biodegradable. We cannot dump the bag as it renders the soil infertile and thus useless. There are many initiatives being taken by global forum son banning the use of plastic bags. Eco-friendly bags are designed by companies to help cope with plastic bag ban. These bags are made of eco-friendly materials.
- Landfill: A lot of times, garbage is dumped on certain far off sites. It may have temporarily saved you from nasty smell inside your home, but you will eventually suffer as the site it was dumped too is now eventually rendered unusable. Dumping in abandoned site spoils soil composition and thus makes it very hard for us to use the land anymore.
- Flushing toilet: Most of our toilet wastes are flushed out to some sort of drainage system. Not only does it destroy the water source it is eventually getting mixed with but apart from that a lot of toilets use excess of water for every single flush. This is one of the more environmental damage causing habits that we posses. We need to install high efficiency low water usage toilets to save the environment.
As the saying goes, all it takes is 21 days for a habit to be formed. We all have the above-mentioned habits that are drastically damaging the environment. All of us need to figure out energy efficient solutions to our daily habits. It will help reduce energy and resource consumption thus safeguarding the environment a little more.